Tuesday, September 13, 2011

seven links

The individuals at Tripbase have been running a blogging experiment with the goal of uniting bloggers from all around cyberspace to share and develop a collection of lost, but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to be brought back into the limelight. 

I have had the privilege to be nominated by two blogger buddies, KC from 140 Point 6 Miles of Awesome and  JC from The Fat Slow Triathlete.

Here are the rules:
  1. Blogger is nominated to take part
  2. Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category
  3. Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part.
  4. These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers
  5. And so it goes on!
This may be a bit stretched for me since I don't blog as much as I had anticipated. But I like to play along so here we go. 

one - most beautiful post : 
I had a hard time picking this category but I kept going back to this post. Probably because its where I am currently in my journey. I was not expecting to fall in love with this triathlon sport in such a profound way.

two - most popular post : 
The Tri Suit test run - Winning
(Blogger ate my pictures and It is giving me some issues with trying to restore them so sorry for the big black ! box -dang you blogger)
This post was about my new Pearl Izumi Elite In-R-Cool Tri Suit and my review of its awesomeness. So I guess people like gear reviews or reading about my dog getting attacked by another dog..

three - most controversial post :
This is the only post I have written that I have been sent some emails talking about having body issues. I found it rather funny since I don't personally have any issues with my body. I guess some just read it that way.

four - most helpful post :
This post is about the gear I used for my first tri. I am not sure it was helpful to anyone else but it helped me remember what all I needed to take to my first tri event. 

five - a post whose success surprised me :
This was a very short post in which I made it public I was going to take a break from just running and attempt my first triathlon. It was this post that I realized I was embarking into a wonderful community of supporters aka triathletes. I was surprised by all the encouragement and the willingness to help from other experienced triathletes. 

six - a post that did not get the attention it deserved :
A short post about a topic that is close to my heart. Its not something people like to think about or speak about but domestic violence affects 1.3 million people a year in which 85% of the victims are women. It just breaks my heart.

seven - the post I am most proud of :
Lake Oconee Olympic Triathlon Race Report
The post I wrote after my first triathlon. There is nothing like the feeling you get when you achieve something you never thought you could. This was the start of a new lifestyle and my second job.

Alright, well thank you for playing along now to nominate other bloggers:

3. Coach D - Coach Dion
5. Colleen - Irondiva

 

No comments:

Post a Comment